1.28 density battery acid (sulphuric acid with density 1/28 kg/l). Use only for conventional standard lead/acid batteries.
Caution: Battery Acid is highly corrosive - Wear hand and eye protection and observe the safety notices.
1.28 density battery acid (sulphuric acid with density 1/28 kg/l). Use only for conventional standard lead/acid batteries (not maintenance-free). Please ensure you follow filling guidelines & do not exceed maximum fill levels.
Note: Typically you will need 2 bottles of acid to fill one battery. Please check the volume of your battery before ordering. (maximum of 2 litres per order).
Battery acid is a specialist product used to initially fill standard lead acid batteries. Please note: it is highly corrosive & can cause strong heat on contact with moisture.
Always follow the battery user instructions. Always use on level & firm surfaces. Always wear protective clothing & eye protection. Never add acid to an already filled battery - only use for first filling.
Highly corrosive. Vapours can cause shortness of breath. Danger of serious eye damage. Non-flammable, but vapours released during a fire are toxic. Avoid exposure of skin, clothes, hair & eyes. Where exposure occurs, rinse immediately with plenty of water /remove affected clothing & seek medical advice at once. Wounds caused by acid require urgent medical attention & can cause lasting damage unless treated professionally.
Use & Storage:
Keep tightly sealed in a cool area away from sun light, heat, water & food stuff. Store upright. Ensure sufficient ventilation when handling the liquid. Use sand or similar to soak up spillages. Always wear eye & skin protection when handling. Do not dispose of through household waste or domestic drains.
Avoid contact with eyes, skin & clothing. On skin contact, wash skin with plenty of water & seek medical advice at once. The chemical reaction between acid & moisture causes strong heat and, unless treated professionally, wounds caused by the reaction are slow to heal. Eye contact: Protect unaffected eye & rinse affected eye under running water for several minutes. Seek medical advice immediately. After swallowing: Rinse mouth & spit out - do not swallow. Then drink plenty of water. Immediately seek medical advice.
(Battery Chargers & Care)