|Our returns policy - 365 days of no 'quibbling'!
|GetGeared is obsessed with providing the best motorcycle gear for you and your 2 wheels at real prices and with great service. That’s why we give you up to 365 days to return an item for an exchange or full refund (excluding delivery costs). Plus, if you spend £25 or more and are in the operating area of Royal Mail, we pay for the return!
|What’s the catch?|
There is no catch! We only ask that any item returned is unused and in its original condition. Please make sure it has all its original packaging and all tags are attached. And remember to protect the item on its journey back to us with the inner and outer box we used to send it to you. Can’t say fairer than that!
Remember: We cannot provide exchanges or refunds for used or damaged goods including those damaged in transit so please protect your items!
How do I make a return?
- It will make life easier for you (and for us!) if you follow the instructions on the back of the Customer Advice Note that was enclosed with your order. If you have lost this, please Contact Us and we can email this over to you.
- We will need to know whether you want an exchange or refund. It is useful to know the reason for the return as this helps to improve our service in the future. Please provide your contact details so we can get in touch if there is a problem with the return.
- Repack your goods (including any free gifts) in their original packaging and always return the complete item. Make sure the item is protected and will not be damaged in transit.
- The Customer Advice Note will have a returns label in the bottom right hand corner. If your order was £25 or more (and you are in the Royal Mail operating area) this will be a postage paid label otherwise you will need to pay the postage.
- The returns address is: Returns Department, GetGeared.co.uk, Unit 2, 5 Regent Street, Leeds LS2 7QA
- Place the label on the box ensuring you cover over your original delivery address and make sure the Customer Advice Note then goes in the box before you seal it!
- Note: Please take your parcel to the nearest Post Office and do not use work mailrooms or postboxes as this won’t be trackable. If you have a postage paid label the Post Office will provide you with a tracking receipt for free. Otherwise, we recommend you send your parcel insured and recorded delivery as ‘posting is not proof of receipt’.
What happens next?
Once we receive your returned items, we check them over to make sure they are in A1 condition, unused with no missing parts or damage caused in transit. If they pass, we will then process your exchange or refund as soon as possible but no later than 14 days after receipt.
You also need to know that
- For every order there is one free return – so don’t worry about changing your mind!
- Batteries and battery acid: Hazardous goods transport regulations make the domestic return of these goods impossible.
- If you return an item for a refund and this drops the value of your order below the amount that triggered a saving or discount on your original order (for example free delivery or a saving on an associated item) then your refund will be reduced as the discount or saving will no longer apply.
The really important legal bit:
- You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days without giving any reason. Please see ‘Your right to cancel’ for further details.
- You can also return goods that are not as described, not fit for purpose or not of satisfactory quality. Please use our Contact Us form or ring Customer Services on 0345 0175 007 if there is a problem with the item you have purchased.
- GetGeared is a trading name of e-Channel Partners Ltd. Registered No.: 04533604. Registered Office: Quadrant House, Floor 6, 4 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, UK. Please note, this is NOT the returns address.
Your right to cancel
- You have the right to cancel your order within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day when you (or a third party indicated by you) has received the goods. If your order arrives in more than one delivery, the 14 days starts from when you receive the last item.
- To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us (GetGeared, Unit F, Blenheim House, 1 Blenheim House, Epsom, Surrey KT19 1AP. Email: email@example.com) of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email). You may use this cancellation form but you do not have to.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effect of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you including the cost of the least expensive type of delivery you could have chosen for your order.
- We may make a deduction from your refund for any loss in the value of goods we have supplied to you if this is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the refund without undue delay and no later than –
14 days after the day we receive the goods back from you
(if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods or
if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- On cancellation, you must send back any goods you have received as soon as possible and in any event not later than 14 days from the day you tell us you would like to cancel your order. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- If the total cost of your order was under £25, you will bear the direct cost of returning the goods. We recommend that you send your parcel insured and recorded delivery so that you have proof of posting.
- If your order was £25 or more, and you are within the operating area of Royal Mail, you can use the postage paid returns label on the back of the Customer Advice Note sent with your order. Please follow the instructions carefully and ensure you get a receipt from the Post Office as proof of posting. If you have mislaid your label, please let us know and we can send you a postage paid label.