• 13mm bolt & two keys [one LED] which are unique to the lock • ABUS X-Plus cylinder: The highest protection against picking • Recommended for securing valuable motorbikes • ABUS Safety Level Rating: 22
The Abus special hardened steel goes through a rigorous manufacturing process: To ensure Abus steel cannot be picked, smashed or cut, it has to be made the Abus way! Essentially, the steel is hard on the outside and soft on the inside so that when someone attempts to cut it, the metal will simply bend, not snap. It is tested in extreme temperatures so neither blow torch nor freezing will stop the lock working in any way, they are also resistant to corrosion so this lock really is for life!
Why an Abus lock? We could spend a long time telling you why you should by from Abus, but we know you just want to be rest assured that your prized possession has the best protection:
• Every Abus lock passes the Test Seal of the Thatcham Vehicle Security [a non-profit organisation set up by the motor insurance industry to reduce the amount of insurance claims].
• Abus have created a key system that not only prevents them from being picked but also means that the two keys you'll receive are uniquely coded to your lock only.
• This unique code that you will receive also gives you the added benefit of having all your Abus locks keyed-alike so you only need to carry one key for all your locks if you so wish.
• The alarm reaches 110dB and is activated with every movement so you'll certainly know if someone was to tamper with your bike. A multi-colour LED system and different warning signals help you to know the alarm status, battery life and more.
• Abus are genius, trying to make your life easier by including an LED key so that you can use the lock easily at night and a system so you can transport the lock without it sounding.
• This disc lock is great for safely securing your bike with ease and without the weight of a full chain. Abus have even developed a cylinder system which gives the lock the highest protection from picking and drilling etc.
Technology: • 13 mm steel bolt • The bolt, lock body as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel • Alarm function on basis of the ABUS 3D detection system that means, that every movement is detected • Alarm of at least 100 dB • Lock can be transported in locked condition without activated detection system thanks to automatic brake disc recognition system • A multi colour LED & different acoustic signals inform about battery, activation & alarm status • ABUS X-Plus cylinder for highest protection against manipulations, e.g. picking • Two keys are supplied with the lock, one LED lighted • ABUS Code Card for additional or replacement keys • Two AAA standard batteries for the alarm function are included
Operation & use: • Very good protection at high theft risk • Recommended for securing valuable motorbikes
Transport: • Protective bag included for easy & secure transportation in a special compartment e.g. under the seat • SH 8077 - bracket for comfortable transport & easy to mount on tubes with round (two tubes needed) diameter of 12 - 28 mm or square diameter of 12 - 18 mm
Tips: • This lock can be ordered keyed alike to other locks. This means several locks would match one key, respectively key code • Brake disk locks are a very compact category of motorbike locks & consequently easy to transport • To increase the security during longer parking time it is recommendable to secure the motorbike to a fixed object additionally • Thanks to the 3D detection system the motorbike rider gets warned when lifting the bike into upright position & an unintended ride off with the locked bike is prevented When the detection is activated the red flashing LED has an additional deterrent effect