• 14mm rounded shackle lock from Abus• ABUS X-Plus cylinder: The highest protection against picking• Recommended for securing small motorbikes & scooters• ABUS Safety Level Rating: 15
The Abus special hardened steel goes through a rigorous manufacturing process: To ensure Abus steel cannot be picked, smashed or cut, it has to be made the Abus way! Essentially, the steel is hard on the outside and soft on the inside so that when someone attempts to cut it, the metal will simply bend, not snap. It is tested in extreme temperatures so neither blow torch nor freezing will stop the lock working in any way, they are also resistant to corrosion so this lock really is for life!
Why an Abus lock? We could spend a long time telling you why you should by from Abus, but we know you just want to be rest assured that your prized possession has the best protection:
• Every Abus lock passes the Test Seal of the Thatcham Vehicle Security [a non-profit organisation set up by the motor insurance industry to reduce the amount of insurance claims].
• Abus have created a key system that not only prevents them from being picked but also means that the two keys you'll receive are uniquely coded to your lock only.
• This unique code that you will receive also gives you the added benefit of having all your Abus locks keyed-alike so you only need to carry one key for all your locks if you so wish.
• An ABUS X-Plus cylinder offers the highest protection against picking and drilling,
whilst the entire lock is made of specially hardened steel.
• You'll get: Two keys (one key has an LED - great for night use!
), a roll-up memory cable to stop you riding off whilst locked up
, and of course, a lock that will last a lifetime!
Add 3mm to shackle diameter for the plastic coating if you are comparing the fit of the shackle to the holes / gaps in your brake disc.