• BNS Tech Carbon Neck Support from Alpinestars• Lightweight, high performance carbon frame• Innovative quick release locking and rear stabilisers
BNS Tech Carbon Neck Support: Engineered to help prevent neck injury and minimize the risk of collateral damage, the Bionic Neck Support (BNS) Tech Carbon is constructed from an advanced carbon polymer for optimized frame strength and lightweight performance. Crucially, this neck support is 40% lighter than other versions on the market - literally taking a weight off your shoulders!
How it works: The BNS Tech Carbon functions when the rider’s helmet makes contact with the frame at the moment of a crash, thus providing a clean, solid surface which instantly channels damaging, compressive impact energy away from the neck and on to the BNS. The rear stabiliser and the stabiliser pads have been developed to promote progressive force relief and dissipate energy loads by transmitting them across the back and shoulders, taking them away from your spine.
Safety and construction features: The innovative auto-locking closure on the BNS Tech Carbon allows for a highly secure and convenient attachment. Being quick-release, the neck support can also be opened swiftly in the case of emergency and thanks to the Pivot Key the whole structure can be dismantled without the need for moving the rider. Correct fitment is critical to ensure the most effective protection possible. Lycra-laminated foam padding kits allow for fine-tuning and adjustment of the BNS and aids compatibility with other Alpinestars body armour. The X-Strap system is light and worn under or over the jersey to secure the device to the rider. This BNS Tech Carbon is a really advanced piece of kit designed specifically for MX and off-road riders.
• The BNS Tech is constructed from an advanced, high-performance carbon polymer compound to offer optimized structural integrity & frame strength
• BNS Tech provides heavy impact energy diversion capabilities in the event of a crash
• Crucial weight-savings: BNS Tech is 40% lighter than current neck brace versions
• Extreme temperature resilience: BNS Tech performs at temperatures as low as -4°F (-20°C)
• Frame Construction: Evolution of BNS shaping to promote improved contact with helmet during impact - including rear support edge that fits closer to the body, extra width to account for different helmet sizes & raised chest to avoid hyper-flexion injuries
• Quick-release locking: innovative auto-locking BNS closure system for rapid & efficient fitting/removal, which offers highly secure & convenient attachment which can also be quickly opened in case of emergency
• Pivot Key: New ergonomically designed pivot key located at the rear on BNS allows for convenient dismantling
• Padding system: All parts in contact with the body use a compressed EVA foam compound to distribute the impact force over the widest area, yet remain lightweight
• A main frame member runs over the shoulders & eliminates weak points in a critical part of the frame to ensure the most efficient load transfer. This minimizes risk of injury & well as offering excellent levels of comfort
• The Bionic Neck Support (BNS) is an advanced protection device for use primarily in MX & off-road riding
• Functions by diverting the impact energies that compress the neck in the event of a crash. When the helmet is in contact with the BNS at the moment of impact the overall load passing through the neck can be reduced, which may prevent a fracture or muscular injuries
• The BNS is designed to help prevent catastrophic neck injury & minimize the risk of collateral damage as the impact load is channelled away from the neck
• Strap System: BNS supplied with the X-Strap System which allows a small, light strap worn over or under the jersey to secure the device to the rider
• The BNS Tech incorporates a bio-organic engineering design for superb anatomical performance
• Rear Stabilizer: developed to promote PFR (progressive force relief) & dissipate extreme energy loads by transmitting them across the back & shoulders
• Stabilizer pads are designed to transfer impact stress loads away from spine (thoracic vertebrae)
Fit & Customisation:
• Correct fitment is critical to ensuring the most effective protection possible & riders should choose the equipment that is best suited to their body
• The BNS Tech is designed to provide a highly customizable, secure & personalized fit
• Lycra-laminated foam padding kits: adaptable & interchangeable EVA foam pads (6mm & 10mm) for rear, front & shoulders allow fine-tuning adjustment of BNS to rider's specific needs. It also aids compatibility with other body protection systems