• The first ever helmet from Alpinestars• High impact resistance ABS outer shell• Inside fit is adjustable in 2 positions
Amazing new venture from the masters of motorcycle clothing. This is Alpinestars first attempt at bringing a helmet to the market. They have taken the classic scooter jet helmet style seen all around Italy, and a few twists. The Alpinestars Novus helmet features a technology called A-Head. It is a new adjustment technology that allows you to adjust the inside of the helmet in two places to give you the perfect fit. One part of the A-Head system adjusts the padding around the circumference of the head, while the other uses a small wheel at the base or the the back of the helmet to reduce or expand the crown of the lining.
Communication on the go. Scooter Jet helmets tend not to have all the gadgets and gizmos available to them as the full face race and road helmets. That is another point where the Novus exceeds expectation. The new A-Connect System, developed in cooperation with Sena Technologies, is a Bluetooth communication system that lets you communicate with another rider within 200m if they are wearing a Novus with an A-Connect System attached. You can also use it as a Bluetooth hands free kit with your mobile phone, or listen to to music from your Bluetooth-enabled device. Another benefit is that you can listen to the commands and information provided by your Sat Nav if it has Bluetooth connectivity. The A-Connect system has a single Bluetooth connection, so you can do only one of these things at a time, but you don't want too much going on in your ears while trying to concentrate on the road anyway.
The features you need. The Alpinestars Novus helmet has a large venting system, which consists of three air inlets at the front and two air outlets at the rear. The front vents can be opened and closed with a neat little switch at the side of the helmet. The air is channelled into the helmet, circulates all around the head, then leaves through the exhaust ports, taking the warm, moist air with it. The large visor is clear and anti-scratch and is shaped specifically to not let air funnel up inside and blow in your eyes. The internal drop-down sun visor is controlled in the same way as the air vents, with a slider on the opposite side from the vent switch. All of the internal padding is removable and washable to keep your Alpinestars Novus fresh and the closure system is a micro-ratchet system. The inner shell is made of multi-density EPS, while the outside is of high-resistance ABS. Go on, make history with the first ever Alpinestars helmet, the Novus.
• The Alpinestars Novus helmet contains "A-HEAD" adjustment technology which allows the fit to be further customized. "A-HEAD" is made up of two patented adjustment structures - one for the adjusting the fit around the circumference of the head - & another for adjusting the fit on the top of the head
• The Novus helmet can be equipped (as a separate optional) with the A-Connect System (developed in cooperation with Sena Technologies): it is a Bluetooth compatible communications centre which allows you to:
• Speak to another A-Connect equipped Helmet (within a maximum distance of 200m)
• Link your helmet as a hands free headset to your Bluetooth enabled phone
• Listen to stereo music from a Bluetooth A2DP enabled phone or MP3 player, & control it remotely if your device also supports AVRCP (Audio-Video Remote Control Protocol)
• Listen to GPS commands from a Bluetooth enabled phone or Navigator
• A large venting system composed by 3 air inlets & 2 air outlets is present on this helmet. The front inlets can be opened or closed through a cable system with a slider located on the right low side of the helmet. Channels in the EPS permit the air to flow all over the head, extracting the heat through the rear vents
• Wind visor is made of clear Polycarbonate, anti-scratch. It is homologated under ECE 2205. Closure system is guaranteed by a locking tooth on left side. Its long shape protects the face from direct wind or turbulence behind windscreens. It is replaceable
• A tinted sun visor (75% tinted, anti-scratch) is installed inside the helmet, to permit cover from sun lights when needed. It is controlled by a cable system with a slider on the left low side of the helmet. It is replaceable
• Interiors are composed by a top pad, a crown pad, cheek pads. All of them are fully removable & washable. The chin strap fits a micro-buckle system. Available sizes are XS-S-M-L-XL-XXL
• Outer shell is made of high impact resistance, high toughness ABS (type LGHI100H). Available in different colours. The shell is in 2 sizes (Small & Large)
• Inner shell is made in expanded polystyrene (EPS), in three different densities. The EPS comes in 2 sizes (Small & Large)