For track and road use:
This Chaser X motorcycle helmet from Arai has a sports riding focus. It's race ready strength from the RX 7V derived shell is paired with road comfort and quietness.
New & improved visor system: The whole look of the helmet has been overhauled to offer better vision, aerodynamics and comfort. The easy to change VAS visor system features smaller side pods that change the aerodynamics of the helmet. The visor itself is Max Vision and there's an anti-fog pinlock included in the box.
New ventilation system: The Chaser X also makes use of a new ventilation system. It's recognisable by the large single intake duct on the top of the helmet. It aims to imitate the RX 7V diffuser system and thanks to it's low profile, reduces drag. Aerodynamics are improved in the riding position thanks to the side pods change and a lower rear wing.
Combatting wind noise: With plenty of ventilation comes the problem of wind noise. As with any quality lid, Arai have tackled this obstacle by adding a sound deadening chin curtain. There's a 3mm longer chin bar, that not only reduces sound, but improves the fit of the helmet too. Very similar to the RX 7V and QV Pro but with a slightly smaller chin vent.
Quality features you love: The skull cap technology has been redesigned and the eco-pure interior is fully removable. The cheek pads feature communication system speaker pockets for better comfort and as with all Arai helmets, there's a five year warranty.
Verdict: Top spec features of the RX 7V but at a more affordable price point.
• Genuine UK Arai helmet
• Five year Arai warranty
• PB (Peripherally Belted) Super fibre shell
• Quick-change VAS-V Max Vision visor with anti-fog Pinlock 120 lens
• Pinlock included
• F1-style visor locking system
• 7-Hole top ventilation with new shutter system
• Quiet & efficient airflow
• Higher aero-optimised speed
• 3mm longer chin bar
• Sound-deadening removable chin curtain ready
• Fully customisable anti-bacterial interior
• All removable interior
• Communication system speaker pockets in cheek pads
• Double D-ring retention system