• Aerosec Base waterproof trousers from Held • 2in1 membrane: waterproof, windproof & breathable• Leather anti-slip seat patch for better comfort & control
And now for something really special! These are the Held AeroSec Base trousers, another example of the technical features and innovation that goes into every Held product. These trousers are vented for cool summer tours but also waterproof for British summer tours. The key difference is that the waterproof, windproof and breathable liner, made from Held's own Held-Tex 2in1 membrane, is not removable. It simply transforms with the zip of a zip!
Here's how it works. This really couldn't be simpler. Zip the front of the waterproof membrane to the back of it, step into the trousers but in front of the membrane, the membrane then stays behind your legs allowing the air to penetrate the perforated panels on the thighs and provide you with great air circulation. Zip the membrane to the inside front of the trousers, step into it and the trousers become completely waterproof and windproof but remain breathable. Effectively you are wearing a pair of high quality waterproof trousers underneath a pair of high quality vented trousers, but there is no additional bulk and you aren't left having to carry around this extra pair of waterproof trousers when you want the vented option because they stay right there inside the trousers.
Protection has not been compromised. As we all expect from Held, The AeroSec Base trousers don't only have one string to their bow. The outer shell is made from two different types of 500 denier DuPont Cordura, one type Ripstop and the other is perforated and both are highly abrasion resistant to protect you from the road In the event of a slide. The knees are equipped with CE certified, height adjustable Sas-Tec 3D protectors and there are pockets for additional hip protectors and a Held cloverleaf Sas-Tec coccyx protector. Extra Ripstop material is layered on the key crash zones for even more abrasion resistance and there is a Pittard's leather anti-slip patch for keeping you seated properly. There is a connecting zip for connecting to your motorcycle jacket to keep it from riding up to expose your back and Held have even thought to reproduce the quality and innovation in the trousers in jacket form, the Held AeroSec Top jacket, so check that out if you are looking for a whole new kit.
Comfort in abundance. After reading about the AeroSec trousers, don't you agree that they are fantastic? So wouldn't it be a shame if they weren't comfortable? Luckily, Held have considered that! As well as the perforated panels on the thighs and lower legs, the trousers have extra zippered vents for increased air flow and circulation. The hips are adjustable, the thigh are and calves are adjustable and there are stretch panels at the back of the knees, the calves, and the crotch to make sure everyone is comfortable, no matter what shape you are. There are things you will always need with you on a motorcycle tour, so the Held AeroSec Base trousers have two external pockets, so you are never without your essentials.
We at GetGeared aren't the only ones who absolutely love the Held AeroSec Base trousers and its travelling companion, the Held AeroSec Top jacket, Motorcycle News give them a massive thumbs up too. Check out what MCN have to say about this amazing new outfit from Held.
• 500D Ripstop DuPont Cordura (100% polyamide)
• 500D perforated DuPont Cordura (100% polyamide)
• Contains non-textile parts of animal origin
• Mesh lining (100% polyester)
• HELD-TEX 2in1 membrane (100% polyester with 100% polyurethane coating): waterproof, windproof & breathable
• 2 external pockets
• Air-vent zippers
• Perforated Cordura panels on thigh & lower leg
• Stretch panels at back & knees
• Special stretch & fabric panels in crotch & calves
• Hip adjustment
• Height adjustable thigh & calf adjustment
• Button fixtures for optional braces
• PITTARDS leather anti-slip seat patch
• EN 1621-1 CE-approved height adjustable SAS-TEC 3D knee protectors
• Optional hip protectors
• Pocket for optional Held Cloverleaf SAS-TEC CE-proved coccyx protector
• Special Ripstop material reinforcement on crash zones
• Connecting zip