• Waterproof technical touring jacket from Merlin• Breathable waterproof membrane & an Outlast liner• Removable level 2 armour at shoulders & elbows
This is the Merlin Peake Outlast jacket, a technical motorcycle touring jacket that makes part of Merlin's Outlast Collection. The outer shell is made of 600 denier polyester with Ripstop panels on the torso. The forearms have extra safe panels made of ballistic, highly abrasion resistant fabric.
Protection from the elements. Inside the Merlin Peake there is the removable, award-winning, Outlast 'Universe' temperature regulating liner for keeping you cool in summer and warm in winter. There is also good news for the bikers who ride all year round. The Peake Outlast jacket has a fixed, original Reissa waterproof membrane that is also breathable, so the moisture created inside the jacket can escape, which reduce the chances of you becoming uncomfortable.
Protection from the road. Beneath the highly abrasion resistant outer shell of this jacket, you'll find removable protectors at the shoulders and elbows, all of which is CE certified, level 2 SW Soft mould armour. There is also a soft foam back pad that can be removed to make way for a separately-sold piece of CE certified armour. 3M reflective material has been used on the upper arms to help keep you seen by other road users when you're riding in poor weather conditions or low light situations. A short jacket to trouser connecting zipper ensures your jacket doesn't ride up and expose your back.
Comfort and character. Stretch panels have been used at the sides, the elbows and the back to allow freedom of movement and enhance comfort, and stretch anchor points on the bicep and waist improve flexibility. The cuffs, waist, collar, biceps and hem are all adjustable, so you will get a perfect fit every time and there is a soft neoprene trim at the collar and cuffs, easy grip rubber tabs on pockets and cuffs, and front to back air vents to complete this fantastic motorcycle touring jacket.
Don't know what Outlast is? Outlast is a temperature regulating material, originally designed for NASA. It is made up of microencapsulated materials, protected in a polymer shell to absorb excess heat, so you don't get too hot, store the heat, and then release the heat back toward you when you start to cool down. An amazing feat of science that everyone should experience.
• Men's technical tour Outlast jacket
• 600D Chinese polyester outer with Ripstop torso panels
• Ballistic, highly abrasion resistant forearm panels
• Award winning Outlast 'Universe' temperature regulating removable liner
• Original Reissa waterproof & breathable drop membrane
• SW soft mould CE approved L2 armour pre-fitted to shoulders & elbows (removable)
• Soft foam back pad (removable to allow upgrade to CE back armour)
• YKK zips used throughout plus short jacket-jean connecting zip
• Multiple pockets front & back, including patch & zipped styles with a large rear storage pocket with side entry access
• Adjustment to cuffs, biceps, hem, waist & collar
• Stretch anchor points on bicep & waist for improved flexibility
• 3M 360 degree reflective visibility
• Front entry ventilation points with rear exhaust ventilation
• Rubber trim grip accessories on pockets & cuffs for easy grab
• Neoprene soft trim to collar & cuffs