• Chris Hoy's (Olympian) choice of nutrition: Science in Sport• For DURING your long tour & rides to provide energy• An instant energy boost in these easy-to-carry gels
Why do I need endurance nutrition? Granted, GetGeared might not seem like the place you'd go to for sport nutrition. But, there's a very good reason that Science in Sport products can be bought from us. It's the simple fact that touring, be that across England, Europe or further afield, puts an enormous strain on your body. There's three nutritional stages that when followed means that your body can perform at it's best.
The three stages of nutrition:
• Stage One: HYDRATION and STORED ENERGY
Water and energy is the key to the best performance, providing your body with energy that it can store means you can use it as you're riding across rough terrain. Using electrolytes your body can absorb vital vitamins such as sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium. Our bodies are 60% water and if you find that you're thirsty before you've left you're already dehydrated. Coffee may go hand in hand with biking, pit stops for a cuppa at a road-side cafe, but coffee is a diuretic, which means you'll need to go to the toilet, which will dehydrate you.
• Stage Two: IMMEDIATE ENERGY
Once you've started riding, you'll be sweating, possibly fighting with the bike across rough terrain and making decisions on roads that may be unfamiliar. Water loss can cause a 20% reduction in decision making, which is vital when you're in control of a bike. Isotonic products provide immediate energy and the ones we have selected aren't sugar based, which will stop an after boost crash.
• Stage Three: RECOVERY
Once you've pulled up at the campsite or hotel for the night, you'll feel drained. Both physically and mentally from pure concentration on the road. Your body has broken down muscle and used all the energy you had stored. Replacing this using proteins such as bars or recovery drinks means that you'll wake up in the morning fresh and ready to go on your next adventure.
What stage is this product? The SiS isotonic gel is ideal for STAGE TWO. These gels provide instant energy without giving you a sugar-rush that will cause you to have an after-boost mental crash. Winner of the Queen's award for enterprise!
• When you need a fast convenient energy boost
• We designed the worlds first isotonic energy gel to be clean in the mouth & easy to digest
• Our patented product means it delivers energy fast without the need for extra water
• Winner of the Queens award for enterprise, this innovative product continues to be seen at the forefront by endurance athletes
• Use during endurance sessions & events to help avoid flagging