Abus Motorcycle Locks Granit Citychain X-Plus 1060 Lock-Chain 10mm Black | FX0496361DThe Abus special hardened steel goes through a rigorous manufacturing process: To ensure Abus steel cannot be picked, smashed or cut, it has to be made the Abus way! Essentially, the steel is hard on the outside and soft on the inside when used on a chain so that when someone attempts to cut it, the metal will simply bend, not snap. It is tested in extreme temperatures so neither blow torch nor freezing will stop the lock working in any way, they are also resistant to corrosion so this lock really is for life!
Why an Abus lock? We could spend a long time telling you why you should by from Abus, but we know you just want to be rest assured that your prized possession has the best protection:
• Every Abus lock passes the Test Seal of the Thatcham Vehicle Security [a non-profit organisation set up by the motor insurance industry to reduce the amount of insurance claims].
• Abus have created a key system that not only prevents them from being picked but also means that the two keys you'll receive are uniquely coded to your lock only.
• This unique code that you will receive also gives you the added benefit of having all your Abus locks keyed-alike so you only need to carry one key for all your locks if you so wish.
• 10 mm hexagonal chain with fabric sleeve to prevent damage of the bicycle's paintwork
• ABUS Power Cell Technology (patented) offers highest protection against hitting & pulling attacks
• ABUS Power Link Technology (patented) offers a direct locking of the chain to the Power Cell & increases its effect
• Interlocked lock body cover to protect against brutal opening methods
• The chain, the case as well as supporting elements of the locking body are made of special hardened steel
• ABUS X-Plus cylinder for extremely high protection against manipulations e.g. picking
• Two keys are supplied with the lock, one LED-lighted
• Automatic keyhole cover against dirt & corrosion
• ABUS Code Card for additional or replacement key
Operation & use:
• Very good protection at high theft risk
• Recommended for securing of high quality bicycles
• The longer the chain, the easier the bicycle can be locked to a fixed object
• Convenient compact transport by wrapping the chain around the seat post (for 85 cm length)
• This lock can be ordered keyed alike to other locks. This means several locks would match one key, respectively key code
• Very handy use because only one end of the chain must be locked
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.