Abus Motorcycle Locks Element 285 Disc Lock 5mm | FX0496262DThe Abus special hardened steel goes through a rigorous manufacturing process: To ensure Abus steel cannot be picked, smashed or cut, it has to be made the Abus way! Essentially, the steel is hard on the outside and soft on the inside when used on a chain so that when someone attempts to cut it, the metal will simply bend, not snap. It is tested in extreme temperatures so neither blow torch nor freezing will stop the lock working in any way, they are also resistant to corrosion so this lock really is for life!
Why an Abus lock? We could spend a long time telling you why you should by from Abus, but we know you just want to be rest assured that your prized possession has the best protection:
• Every Abus lock passes the Test Seal of the Thatcham Vehicle Security [a non-profit organisation set up by the motor insurance industry to reduce the amount of insurance claims].
• Abus created a quality key cylinder that makes your lock resistant to picking, torching, freezing and the weather so your lock will last!
• You'll receive two keys so you can keep one on your spare set and you'll also get a memory cable to stop you riding off without unlocking.
This lock has a 5mm steel bolt, you can also purchase the 10mm version with this item code: FX0496286D. If you are unsure about what size you require, please measure your disc brake holes.
• 5 mm steel bolt
• Easy handling due to "push down" cylinder where the bolt is moved in the locking process automatically
• The bolt is made of special hardened steel
• Two keys are supplied with the lock
• A Memory Cable as reminder to prevent an unintended ride off with the bike still locked is included
Operation & use:
• Basic protection at low theft risk
• Recommended for securing scooters or as additional security for motorbikes
• Protective bag included for easy & secure transportation in a special compartment e.g. under the seat
• Brake disk locks are very compact motorbike locks & consequently easy to transport
• To increase the security during longer parking time it is recommendable to secure the motorbike to a fixed object additionally
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.