Abus Motorcycle Locks Granit Citychain 1010 Lock-Chain 9mm Black | FX0496330DThe Abus special hardened steel goes through a rigorous manufacturing process: To ensure Abus steel cannot be picked, smashed or cut, it has to be made the Abus way! Essentially, the steel is hard on the outside and soft on the inside when used on a chain so that when someone attempts to cut it, the metal will simply bend, not snap. It is tested in extreme temperatures so neither blow torch nor freezing will stop the lock working in any way, they are also resistant to corrosion so this lock really is for life!
Why an Abus lock? We could spend a long time telling you why you should by from Abus, but we know you just want to be rest assured that your prized possession has the best protection:
• Every Abus lock passes the Test Seal of the Thatcham Vehicle Security [a non-profit organisation set up by the motor insurance industry to reduce the amount of insurance claims].
• Abus have created a key system that not only prevents them from being picked but also means that the two keys you'll receive are uniquely coded to your lock only.
• This unique code that you will receive also gives you the added benefit of having all your Abus locks keyed-alike so you only need to carry one key for all your locks if you so wish.• The fabric sleeve prevents damage to your rims and paintwork and also stops the elements being able to reach the chain.
• An Abus Plus cylinder offers the highest protection against manipulations like picking and drilling, so rest assured your bike is safe!
Manufacturer SpecificationTop security for city & countryside
• 9 mm hexagonal chain with fabric sleeve to prevent damage to the motorbike's paintwork
• The chain, the lock body as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
• ABUS Plus cylinder for high protection against manipulations, e.g. picking
• Two keys are supplied with the lock, one LED torch key
• Automatic keyhole cover against dirt & corrosion
• ABUS Code Card for additional or replacement key
Operation & use:
• Good protection at medium theft risk
• Recommended for securing entry level motorbikes & scooters
• The longer the chain, the easier the motorbike can be locked to a fixed object
• This lock can be ordered keyed alike to other locks. This means several locks would match one key, respectively key code
• Chain lock combinations are a very good solution for locking a motorbike to a fixed object
• Very handy use because only one end of the chain must be locked
• To limit the possibilities of brutal attacks it is recommendable to avoid that the chain lays on or hangs close to the ground
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.