Abus Motorcycle Locks Granit Quick 37/60 Disc Lock 11mm | FX0496477DThe Abus special hardened steel goes through a rigorous manufacturing process: To ensure Abus steel cannot be picked, smashed or cut, it has to be made the Abus way! Essentially, the steel is hard on the outside and soft on the inside so that when someone attempts to cut it, the metal will simply bend, not snap. It is tested in extreme temperatures so neither blow torch nor freezing will stop the lock working in any way, they are also resistant to corrosion so this lock really is for life!
Why an Abus lock? We could spend a long time telling you why you should by from Abus, but we know you just want to be rest assured that your prized possession has the best protection:
• Every Abus lock passes the Test Seal of the Thatcham Vehicle Security [a non-profit organisation set up by the motor insurance industry to reduce the amount of insurance claims].
• Abus have created a key system that not only prevents them from being picked but also means that the two keys you'll receive are uniquely coded to your lock only.
• This unique code that you will receive also gives you the added benefit of having all your Abus locks keyed-alike so you only need to carry one key for all your locks if you so wish.• Delivered you'll get two keys - one LED so the lock is easy to use at night, a Memory Clip to prevents ride off whilst locked up, and of course, the lock.
Add 3mm to shackle diameter for the plastic coating if you are comparing the fit of the shackle to the holes / gaps in your brake disc
• 14 mm shackle (17 mm coating)
• Double bolted shackle in the lock body
• The bolt, the lock body as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
• Smooth silicone lock body cover to prevent scratches
• ABUS X-Plus cylinder for highest protection against manipulations, e.g. picking
• Two keys are supplied with the lock, one LED torch key
• Manually operated keyhole cover against dirt & corrosion
• ABUS Code Card for additional or replacement keys
• A "roll up" Memory Cable as reminder to prevent an unintended ride off with the bike still locked is included
Operation & use:
• Good protection at medium theft risk
• Recommended for securing entry level motorbikes, light motorbikes & scooters
• This lock can be ordered keyed alike to other locks. This means several locks would match one key, respectively key code
• Brake disc locks are a very compact category of motorbike locks & consequently easy to transport
• To increase the security during longer parking time it is recommendable to secure the motorbike to a fixed object additionally
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.