Abus Motorcycle Locks Granit X-Plus 54 U-Shackle Lock Black | FX0496569DAbus special hardened steel: To ensure it can not be picked, smashed or cut, Abus has developed a complex steel hardening process unique to their locks. Essentially, the steel is hard on the outside and soft on the inside when used on a lock so that when someone attempts to cut it, the metal will simply bend, not snap. It is tested in extreme temperatures so neither blow torch nor freezing will stop the lock working in any way, they are also resistant to corrosion so this lock really is for life!
Why an Abus lock? We could spend a long time telling you why you should buy from Abus, but we know you just want to be rest assured that your prized possession has the best protection:
• Every Abus lock passes the Test Seal of the Thatcham Vehicle Security [a non-profit organisation set up by the motor insurance industry to reduce the amount of insurance claims].
• Abus have created a key system that not only prevents them from being picked but also means that the two keys you'll receive are uniquely coded to your lock only. One key has an LED built in so that you can use your lock with ease on those dark mornings and evenings.
• This unique code that you will receive means you can easily have keys replaced within 24 hours to your door.• This shackle lock has an X-Plus cylinder which offers the highest protection against manipulations such as picking and drilling. There is also Abus Power Cell technology which offers high protection against hitting and pulling attacks.
What more could you want?
• 13 mm square parabolic shackle (patented)
• Double bolted shackle in the lock body
• ABUS power cell technology (patented) offers highest protection against hitting & pulling attacks
• The shackle, the case as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
• ABUS X-Plus cylinder for highest protection against manipulations, e.g. picking
• Two keys are supplied with the lock, one LED-lighted
• Automatic keyhole cover against dirt & corrosion
• ABUS Code Card for additional or replacement key
Operation & use:
• Very good protection at high theft risk
• Recommended for securing high quality bicycles
• The longer the shackle, the easier the bicycle can be locked to a fixed object
• EaZy KF - holder with comfortable one hand operation for easy mounting on round frames with a diameter of 28 - 36 mm
• TexKF Twin _ holder with textile tape, especially for non-round frame profile with a diameter of 21-80 mm
• USH _ holder with easy mounting on round frames, with a diameter of 15-35 mm
• This lock can be ordered keyed alike to other locks. This means several locks would match one key, respectively key code
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.