Abus Motorcycle Locks Steel-O-Chain Ivy 9100 Lock-Chain 10mm Black | FX0496866DThe Abus special hardened steel goes through a rigorous manufacturing process: To ensure Abus steel cannot be picked, smashed or cut, it has to be made the Abus way! Essentially, the steel is hard on the outside and soft on the inside when used on a chain so that when someone attempts to cut it, the metal will simply bend, not snap. It is tested in extreme temperatures so neither blow torch nor freezing will stop the lock working in any way, they are also resistant to corrosion so this lock really is for life!
Why an Abus lock? We could spend a long time telling you why you should by from Abus, but we know you just want to be rest assured that your prized possession has the best protection:
• Every Abus lock passes the Test Seal of the Thatcham Vehicle Security [a non-profit organisation set up by the motor insurance industry to reduce the amount of insurance claims].
• The entire metal work is made from the specially hardened steel whilst the body cover uses technology which offers high impact resistance.
• The lock has a premium cylinder for the highest protection against manipulations such as picking.
• 10 mm strong square chain, with new, functional, long-life & highly-flexible mesh sleeve to prevent from damage to the bicycle's paintwork
• The chain, the case as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
• Ergonomic lock body cover with soft case technology, which offers a very high impact resistance
• Premium cylinder for high protection against manipulations, e.g. picking
• With user-friendly reversible key
• Two keys are supplied with the lock
Operation & use:
• Good protection at high theft risk
• Recommended for securing high quality bicycles
• The longer the chain, the easier the bicycle can be locked to a fixed object
• For protected transport, the frame bags ST 2200 & ST 2250 are recommended (for 85 cm length)
• Very handy use because only one end of the chain must be locked
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.