Abus Motorcycle Locks Trigger Alarm 350 Disc Lock 9.5/50mm | FX0497016DThe Abus special hardened steel goes through a rigorous manufacturing process: To ensure Abus steel cannot be picked, smashed or cut, it has to be made the Abus way! Essentially, the steel is hard on the outside and soft on the inside when used on a chain so that when someone attempts to cut it, the metal will simply bend, not snap. It is tested in extreme temperatures so neither blow torch nor freezing will stop the lock working in any way, they are also resistant to corrosion so this lock really is for life!
Why an Abus lock? We could spend a long time telling you why you should by from Abus, but we know you just want to be rest assured that your prized possession has the best protection:
• Every Abus lock passes the Test Seal of the Thatcham Vehicle Security [a non-profit organisation set up by the motor insurance industry to reduce the amount of insurance claims].
• The alarm reaches 110dB and detects every impact to your motorcycle. Thieves hate any attraction towards them, so this level of noise will interrupt them and alert you!
• You'll get two keys supplied so you can keep one on your spare key, you'll also get a reminder cable to stop you riding off without unlocking!
This lock is 10mm: Please measure your disc lock holes if you are unsure which size you require. A 5mm version is available using item code: FX0496996D.
• 10 mm steel bolt
• Easy handling due to "push down" cylinder where the bolt is moved in the locking process automatically
• The bolt, lock body as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
• Alarm function on basis of a vibration detection system that means, that every impact attack is detected
• Alarm of at least 110 dB
• Lock can be transported in locked condition without activated detection system thanks to a "on/off" key position
• Different acoustic signals inform about battery, activation & alarm status
• Two keys are supplied with the lock
• One CR2 Battery for the alarm function is included
• A Memory Cable as reminder is included
Operation & use:
• Good protection at low theft risk
• Recommended for securing light motorbikes & scooters
• Protective bag included for easy & secure transportation in a special compartment e.g. under the seat
• Brake disk locks are a very compact category of motorbike locks & consequently easy to transport
• To increase the security during longer parking time it is recommendable to secure the motorbike to a fixed object additionally
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.