• Womens waterproof technical touring motorcycle trousers• Level 1 & 2 armour & highly abrasion resistant panels• Fixed waterproof & breathable Reissa membrane
Great value ladies technical touring trousers from Merlin. These are the womens Merlin Gemini Outlast trousers, they pair up perfectly with the Ladies Gemini Outlast jacket to make one heck of a touring setup. They feature an abrasion resistant outer shell made of 600 denier polyester with rip stop torso panels and ballistic, highly abrasion resistant panels at the knees.
Protection against the elements. The Gemini trousers have a removable, award-winning Outlast 'Universe' liner that is temperature regulating, which means you won't get too hot or too cold wearing it. It also has a fixed waterproof membrane that allows your body to breathe, the membrane is made of Original Reissa and prevents a build up of moisture and sweat inside the jacket.
Protection against the road. The Merlin Gemini trousers wouldn't be motorcycle trousers if they didn't have armour, so Merlin have treated them to CE certified SW Soft Mould level 2 armour at the knees, which is removable, and CE certified SW level 1 hip armour, which is also removable. The durable 600 denier polyester with rip stop panels and ballistic knee panels are all highly abrasion resistant and strips of 3M reflective material have been used on the outer leg to help you to be more easily seen when riding in poor weather or low light.
Comfort and convenience. These Merlin trousers offer great comfort, as well as features that make them easy to put on, wear, and take off. The groin, knees, rear and waist all have panels that have some stretch to them so they will always feel secure, without feeling to tight. The waist is also adjustable with double point Velcro adjusters. YKK zips have been used on the entire pair of trousers, including the short connecting zipper at the back and the long, easy-entry, gusseted ankle zips.
Sizing and availability.These trousers come in a regular leg and a short leg, so you are sure to find the right size for you. This option is the short leg. All in all, the Merlin Gemini Outlast trousers are a great pair of technical touring trousers for female commuters and beginner tourers.
Don't know what Outlast is? Outlast is a temperature regulating material, originally designed for NASA. It is made up of microencapsulated materials, protected in a polymer shell to absorb excess heat, so you don't get too hot, store the heat, and then release the heat back toward you when you start to cool down. An amazing feat of science that everyone should experience.
• Women's technical tour Outlast trouser
• 600D Chinese polyester outer with Ripstop torso panels
• Ballistic, highly abrasion resistant knee panels
• Award winning Outlast 'Universe' temperature regulating removable liner
• Original Reissa waterproof & breathable drop membrane
• SW soft mould CE approved L2 armour pre-fitted to the knees (removable)
• SW CE approved hip armour pre-fitted (removable)
• YKK zips used throughout plus short jacket-jean connecting zip
• Long length YKK ankle zip with gusset for easy entry
• Double point Velcro waist adjustment
• Multiple pockets including two cargo leg pockets
• Stretch groin panel for improved flexibility
• Stretch panels on the knees, waist & rear for improved flexibility
• 3M reflective to the outer leg