Merlin Hamstall Outlast Wax Jacket WP - Black | MWP067BLKD Protection: 4-point CE armour, pocket for back
Function: Permanently waterproof & removable thermal lining
Features: 8 pockets
The first waxed cotton motorcycle jacket that uses Outlast technology. Not only is the Merlin Hamstall jacket made with waxed cotton by Halley Stenevsons of Dundee, Scotland, world-renowned waxed cotton specialists, it can also boast that it has a removable, temperature regulating liner made of award-winning Outlast 'Universe' material. Oh, and there is the original Reissa fixed membrane that renders the jacket both breathable and waterproof.
Protection has not been compromised in the Merlin Hamstall. Underneath the exemplary outer shell sits modern motorcycle armour to make this more than just a fashion statement. You have removable armour located at the shoulders and elbows, all of which is SW Soft Mould, CE certified level 2 motorcycle armour. You've got a soft foam back pad, which can be removed to make space for separately-sold CE certified back armour.
More style and substance. You already know about the Halley Stevensons waxed cotton, Outlast 'Universe' and Reissa, but the Merlin Hamstall also has tartan liner panels made by Marton Mills of Yorkshire, England. Merlin really know how to make a good jacket. Finishing touches include antique-style YKK zippers, cross quilted design panels on the shoulders and upper arms, soft leather piping at cuffs and collar, and brass snaps with Merlin branding.
Don't know what Outlast is? Outlast is a temperature regulating material, originally designed for NASA. It is made up of microencapsulated materials, protected in a polymer shell to absorb excess heat, so you don't get too hot, store the heat, and then release the heat back toward you when you start to cool down. An amazing feat of science that everyone should experience.
• The first waxed cotton motorcycle jacket with outlast technology
• Waxed cotton by Halley Stevensons of Dundee, Scotland
• Award winning outlast 'universe' temperature regulating removable liner
• Original Reissa waterproof & breathable drop membrane
• Marton Mills of Yorkshire, England tartan liner panels
• Removable SW soft mould CE approved L2 armour pre-fitted to shoulders & elbows
• Soft foam back pad (removable to allow upgrade to CE back armour
• YKK antique zips used throughout including a short jkt-jean connecting zip
• Adjustment points on cuffs, biceps, collar & hem
• Two lower pockets, one chest patch pocket, one arm patch pocket, two Nelson pockets (outside & inside behind the storm flap)
• Two internal storage pockets
• Cross quilted outer panel details
• Soft leather trim piping on collar & cuffs
• Merlin branded brass snap studs
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.