Merlin Integrated CE Level 2 Airbag - Black | AIR001 Level: Level 2
Fitting: Secure straps
An absolute must-have for serious riders. This brand new safety accessory is the first of its kind in the world. It is certified to EN1621/4 standards as a level 2 motorcycle airbag. It is worn by attaching multiple anchor point to specific, airbag-ready Merlin jackets available from GetGeared, such as the Horizon Outlast jacket. The activation cord is attached to your motorcycle once you are wearing the airbag, so that, in the event you come away from the bike, the airbag will activate, filling itself with 15 litres of air in 0.08 seconds!
What is protected? With the Merlin Integrated Airbag safety system, upon activation, your entire back, cervix and coccyx are all protected, an area of protection that usually requires two separate protectors. The residual energy passed to the body upon impact is only 1.4kn, making this system over 6 times more effective than standard level 2 back protectors. The activation cord requires a weight of 15kg to trigger, so accidental activation is unlikely, but if this happens, replacing the air and resetting the system is easy enough to do yourself, unlike the expensive electrical alternatives. The outer is made of 500 denier Cordura, making it abrasion resistant, it is entirely waterproof and has reflective elements for helping people see you at night.
• The Worlds only EN1621/4 homologated level 2 motorcycle airbag
• Mechanical inflation time of 80 milliseconds
• Cervical, spine & coccyx protection zones
• Average value of residual energy- 1.4kn (6.5 times more effective than a level 2 back protector)
• 15 Litre total system volume
• 800g approximate unit weight
• Completely waterproof unit
• Easy Co2 pressurised canister user recharge in the event of both accidental inflation or accident
• 15kg activation weight trigger to prevent accidental inflation
• Once activated will stay inflated for 30 seconds before automatic pressure release
• Reflective elements
• 4 year maintenance check
• Comes with airbag unit, charge canister, activation cord with clip, seat fastener, serial registration information & user guide
• Made & tested in Italy
• Only suitable for Merlin airbag prepared jackets
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.