Motul DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid - 500ml | MAUFLBRAKEDFrom a brand you can rely on: Motul have been in the oil and lubricant game for over 160 years, so it's fair to say that they know what they are talking about. This DOT 5.1 brake fluid has been specially designed for anti-locking brake systems as the low viscosity allows an easier fluid circulation in the micro-valves of the ABS. Mixable with DOT 3, DOT 4 and DOT 5.1 NON SILICONE BASE products.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to ship aerosols and liquids outside of the UK. Please do not purchase if you are located outside of UK, your order will be cancelled.
• Long life 100% Synthetic Fluid
• For hydraulic actuated brake & clutch systems in accordance with DOT 5.1, DOT 4 & DOT 3 manufacturer's recommendations
• Fluidity specially designed for anti-locking brake systems (ABS)
• The high wet boiling point (185C / 365F), superior to DOT 4 (155C / 311F mini) & DOT 3 (140C / 284F) conventional fluids enables to use this product longer
• Wet boiling point is representative of the fluid after one year of use
• Viscosity of 820 centipoises at -40C / -40F is considerably lower than DOT 4 & DOT 3 brake fluids, allowing Motul DOT 5.1 fluid an easier fluid circulation in micro-valves
• Neutral with seals used in braking systems
• Mixable with DOT 3, DOT 4 & DOT 5.1 NON SILICONE BASE products
• Do not mix with silicone (DOT 5 silicone base) or mineral base fluids (LHM)
• Store brake fluid in its original container, tightly closed to avoid absorption of moisture
• Aggressive chemical product if contact with hands, paint or varnish
• If skin contact, rinse thoroughly with water
• Drain Interval: 12 to 24 month as per manufacturers’ recommendations
• FMVSS 116 DOT 5.1 NON SILICONE BASE, DOT 4 & DOT 3
• SAE J 1703
• ISO 4925 (5.1, 4 & 3)
• 100% synthetic fluid, polyglycol bases
• Colour: Yellow
• Dry boiling point: 272C / 522F
• Wet boiling point: 185C / 365F
• Viscosity at -40C (-40F): 820 mm²/s
• Viscosity at 100C (212F): 2.1 mm²/s
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to ship aerosols & liquids outside of the UK. Please do not purchase if you are located outside of UK, your order will be cancelled.
Delivery & Returns
HOW WE DELIVER
We work closely with the Royal Mail and the main regional courier company for your country to ensure that your goods get to you reliably. Each delivery charge applies to the whole order: An order can contain several items and delivery will still be the same low cost.
HOW LONG YOUR DELIVERY WILL TAKE
UK Mainland deliveries offer you a choice of delivery options, from Pre 12 Next Day to 5-10 days Economy. Please expect 3-4 working days for other UK regions and Eire. Timing for European destinations depends on the country and varies from 2 to 4 days. Australia and New Zealand is now a fast UPS service of 2-3 days to most places.
You will find delivery rates here.
HOW DO RETURNS WORK
For every qualifying order there is one free return - so regardless of whether you are returning for a refund or exchange, you don’t need to worry about changing your mind. If you need a different item we'll send out your first exchange for free too! You'll receive a returns form with your order along with instructions to generate your freepost tracked returns label.
For your peace of mind, we operate a 365 day returns policy, so providing the item is unused, in showroom condition, complete with undamaged packaging, you can return it to us for an exchange or refund up to a year later.
For our full return instructions and policies please see here.