Returns & Exchanges
OUR RETURNS POLICY: 365 DAYS OF NO 'QUIBBLING'!
RETURN AN ITEM FROM INSIDE THE UK ROYAL MAIL AREA FOR FREE FOR 365 DAYS FOR ORDERS OVER £20*
We know that the possibility you may have to return an item is off-putting, which is why we make it easy! This is what our customers think:
Great company to deal with in every way from s huge range to choose from, a clear sizing guide to help and if you do make a mistake, a free return, no quibble exchange or refund policy. What's not to like about this wonderful service.Peter - via Trustpilot
The product delivery is prompt with no hassle return or exchange. The service feels as if it has the personal touch.Mitch - via Trustpilot
I never have any problems dealing with GetGeared. If I have to return items, either for refund or exchange, it's seamless.John - via Trustpilot
My last purchase was a crash helmet. Sending it back for a refund was easy. Enter your order details online and get a return postage label by return that you can print out and affix to the parcel. Take it to your nearest post office and it's done.Alex - via Trustpilot
Coronavirus Impact on Returns
Returns are quarantined on receipt for 72 hours. We will not know what is returned until the quarantine is complete. Please bear with us during this period, this system is in place for the protection of both our Staff and Customers.
HOW DO I MAKE A RETURN?
You can create your Freepost tracked returns label here.
The instructions on how to return can be found on your packing slip which would have been included in your parcel. If you misplaced it, please Contact Us and we can email a copy over to you.
Here is a summary of the important things to get right:
- -For every qualifying order* there is one free return - so don’t worry about changing your mind
- -Repack your goods (including any free gifts) in their original packaging and always return the complete item. Make sure the item is protected and will not be damaged in transit;
- -Items must be protected by outer packaging, e.g. do not send boots or helmets in just their manufacturers box;
- -Returned items have to be unused and in 'showroom' condition;
- -Returned items have to be in their original packaging and bear the original manufacturer tags and labels;
- -If you reuse the packaging we sent your goods in, please place the label on the box ensuring you cover over your original delivery address & ensure your completed returns form is added to the box before you seal it;
- -Returns have to be processed by the network of Royal Mail post offices to make use of the FREE returns service – you cannot send the item using your mail room;
- -Having received your return is NOT the same as having processed your return and the accompanying instructions – please allow time for our team to do their best job for you.
- -If you believe that you have received a faulty or damaged item, we must be made aware within 24 hours of receipt. We cannot accept responsibility for a damaged item if it is not reported with 24 hours. This does not effect your consumer rights.
Remember: We cannot provide exchanges or refunds for used or damaged goods including those damaged in transit, so please protect your items! Items returned without their original packaging or manufacturers tags attached will be subject to inspection and a service charge may be applied. Items returned in 'used' condition will be subject to inspection and a 20% deduction as a service fee may be applied.
Remember: Please take your parcel to the nearest Post Office and do not use work mailrooms or post boxes as this won't be trackable. If you have a postage paid label, the Post Office will provide you with a tracking receipt for free. Otherwise, we recommend you send your parcel insured and recorded delivery as 'posting is not proof of receipt'.
*The free returns service is only available for orders over £20 (excluding shipping costs). For returns that do not qualify for our free returns service or those from outside the Royal Mail operating area, the returns address is: Returns Department, GetGeared.co.uk, 290 Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7QE. If you return an item using our FreePost return that does not qualify, you will be charged a service fee and this will be deducted from your refund.
IF YOU WANT TO EXCHANGE AN ITEM
To exchange an item, let us know what item, colour & size you would like in exchange on the form enclosed with your delivery;
If the value of your exchange order is different from your original order, we either refund the difference OR we charge your card for the difference; For PayPal orders we may have to contact you to send us a payment, so watch out for an email from GetGeared.
Remember: It is usually quicker to place a new order, rather than to return an item for exchange.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Products such as batteries and acids cannot be returned due to hazardous good transport regulations;
If you return an item for a refund and this drops the value of your order below the amount that triggered a saving or discount on your original order (for example free delivery or a saving on an associated item) then your refund will be reduced as the discount or saving will no longer apply;
THE LEGAL BIT
Your statutory rights, including your right to cancel, are covered off under our Terms & Conditions, which can be found here.